Energize Your System
Surya Shakti builds the physical body – it makes the sinews and ligaments of your body strong. In Yoga, we give importance to the sinews that hold the skeletal system and the whole body together. When we do any yogic practice, which is physical in nature, the focus is mainly to strengthen those, not to pump up your muscles. Strengthening the sinews of the body is what will endure for a long time and keep you well. Surya Shakti does this in a tremendous way.
Surya means “Sun,” and Shakti means “Energy”. Surya Shakti is a complete process, which is largely physical in nature. If you do 108 cycles of Surya Shakti, it will make you fit and you will not need any other form of exercise.
Surya Shakti is a dynamic form of the Sun Salutation, an ancient yogic practice with a powerful sequence of 18 postures.
- Brings about physical fitness and overall wellbeing
- Makes the sinews and ligaments of the body strong
- Increases mental alertness and focus
- Creates a basis for one to move into higher states of energy
- Increases physical strength & stamina
- Realigns the musculo-skeletal system
- Increases energy levels
Intensity Level: High*
Practice Duration: 10+ minutes
No experience of yoga necessary
In-Person Class Sessions: Minimum 2, 2 hrs/session
Optional: add yogic food review
By appointment only
* For a less intense practice, check Surya Kriya. It is recommended to learn Surya Shakti in conjunction with Surya Kriya. This way you can add a spiritual aspect to this physical practice.
** Featured photo: © Isha Foundation.